Moving checklists take a great deal of strain and anxiety out of a relocation. AAA Movers offers the following moving checklist that is designed to get you into your new location with the least amount of stress.
Two Months Prior to Moving Day
- Sort and purge your belongings. Go room by room and decide what you will keep and what will be donated or tossed.
- Research moving companies, requesting quotes and comparing services.
- Create a moving binder to keep track of everything sensitive to your relocation.
- Organise school records.
One Month Prior to Moving Day
- Choose your mover and confirm your arrangements.
- Start your packing.
- Label all boxes clearly, including the contents of each box and the room it is destined for.
- Separate valuable. Important documents and jewelry should be kept in a safe box that you personally transport.
- Submit your change of address.
- Notify important parties like your banks, employer’s human resources department, newspaper and magazine subscriptions, brokerage firms, credit card companies, utility companies and insurance companies of your new address.
- Forward medical records. Arrange to have all medical records sent to your new health care providers.
Two Weeks Prior to Your Moving Day
- Arrange to take the day off work.
- Tune up your vehicle.
- Clean out your safe deposit box.
- Contact your moving company to reconfirm your arrangements.
- One Week Prior to Moving Day
- Refill any prescriptions.
- Pack your suitcases.
A Few Days Prior to Moving Day
- Defrost the freezer.
- Confirm the details of your move.
- Plan your payment for your moving company.
- Verify the date and time with your moving company and provide them with any cell phone numbers and address, confirming they have the right directions to your new home.
- Take an inventory. Prior to the movers leaving, sign the bill of lading with a complete inventory.
Contact Us Today
For more information on relocations or to book a relocation, contact AAA Movers at the number below.
Call us at 1300 727 115